I know I said I was sort of done blogging for the time being. While that’s true, I really miss the blog-o-sphere. I enjoy the creative process, but I must admit that it is incredibly time-consuming. If I had more time, or thought my blog content was more relevant to my job hunt/career pursuit, then I would be more active.
That being said, I think blogging has tremendous benefits for both personal and professional growth. It’s a great way to enhance your writing and it can be a relatively easy way to pick up some technical skills and online marketing tricks, if you put in the effort. So, I want to get back into blogging in 2013! No set date yet. And I’ve got a few more goals I want to accomplish in the new year.
As 2012 comes to a close (thank god, it was not the best year for me) I thought I’d share my resolutions with you. Plus, I needed a place to write these down so I stay accountable!
My Resolutions for 2013:
- Design a new website which includes a blog. – I’m learning how to design websites with WordPress, and I figured a new site would be the perfect first project. Look out for a new place for Modern Taste in 2013!
- Return to blogging – New site + new blog! I’ve been trying to think of new topics I could blog about. I’m not sure a cooking blog is the best fit for me. While I love to cook, I honestly don’t have the time or patience to create these masterpieces I see online. Photography is also, not my thing. Not to mention the lack of a nice camera. I would ideally like to incorporate other aspects of my life into my blog, including running, beer, burritos, and beagles. Random, perhaps. I’m still thinking. If you have thoughts/suggestions on new topics, feel free to comment.
- Train for a half marathon to go sub 1:30. – Gotta pick one still. Suggestions?
- Get a dog. – This is where the beagle comes in.
- Develop my technical skills. – Specifically: online marketing (seo), computer programming, and website design.
- Learn Java and design an application for Android. – In par with my goal to develop my tech skills. Anyone done this? Suggestions?
- Develop my palate for IPAs. – AKA drink more beer. In my opinion, this needs to be on everyone’s goal list. Drinking = socializing = we all need more of this.
That’s my list so far and hopefully it’ll grow. T-minus 12 hours till the new year!